We are using the cards as part of our Social Justice focus. To assist the children in their understanding of the importance of giving during the season of Christmas, the children have generously donated some lollies. They will bag them and they will be given to residents in an aged care facility. To sweeten their gift, their cards will be included. Any extra cards will be distributed during Night Patrol. The College invites staff members to assist in the distribution of tea/coffee/sandwiches to the homeless, facilitated in the Night Patrol van.
These cards require some basic cardmaking skills. The dimensions and construction of the cards are as follows:
Card Front - 15x10.5cm
Coloured Mat- 14.5cm x 10cm
Patterned Mat - 14cm x9.5cm
Patterned Strip 14.5cm
White Strip 14.5cm x 3cm
1. Glue patterned mat onto coloured mat. Then attach to card front.
2. Using threading water punch, punch along the long edge of white strip.
3. Glue patterned strip to punched white strip, then attach to card front.
4. Ink and stamp bauble, then punch out using ornament punch.
5. Punch two holly leaves using holly leaf punch. Bend the edges of the leaves to add dimension.
6. Stamp Christmas sentiment and punch using Label punch. Using a sponge, ink the edges.
7. Using foam tape, attach bauble to card front. Glue the holly leaves at the stem and glue into position.
8. Glue sentiment into place.
Here are some photos...